Friday 15 November 2013

Hands that serve are more holier than lips that pray

I didn't have to go to uni today, my schedule is so awesome that I don't have classes on Fridays and Mondays for this semester, how cool is that?? It was a normal day for me, I just sit around relaxing. I watched the latest episode of How I met your mother. It was the episode where Barney meets the mother,  rejects his advances and give him some really good life advises that finally led to Barney coming up with "The Robin" which eventually led them to get married. The advise the mother gave was really a point to note as it helps young, lonely fellas like me.

Anyways moving on from that, I met up with my love, R, and she took me somewhere. I asked her where are we going but she kept saying to me that hands that serve are more holier than lips that pray. I didn't understand what she said but we just carried on till we reached the destination. Turns out that we were gonna help wrap up some food and deliver it to a church which is sending the food for people in the Philippines.

Most of you people out there should know by now that the Philippines is struck by a typhoon. There are many casualties and many people have lost their homes and valuables as well. Being a good Samaritan as always, R had decided to volunteer to collect these food and send it to the church and she had enlisted me to help her as well.

When we arrived, she grabbed my arm and hurried me to help the folks there. We packed some milk, pastas, canned foods and some biscuits in a basket, each basket for a pair of individual. We spent about 3 hours doing that and I think we had about 700 baskets to be delivered to the church. We had stored about 50 baskets in her car and we drove to the church which was 10 minutes away.

After delivering the goodies, we decided to have our dinner. We drove to an Italian restaurant nearby. I told her you're a really good person and she would definitely be blessed by god himself. She just said that if everyone decided to help each other, the world would be a better place. I was speechless, could you find a girl who thinks like this out there? There are but these kind of girls are a rarity.  Now you see folks, the reason why I'm madly in love with her? Its not about her looks or whatsoever, but its because she has a heart of gold.

I also found out one more thing that we have in common. Turns out she is a big fan of rap songs. I was like woaahhh you like rap?? And its not any kind of rap songs, its the 90's rap songs in other words old skool rap songs. She loved listening to NWA , Tupac Shakur and also Notorious B.I.G. She loves all the rappers that I love. Coincidence or destiny?? Judge for yourself. Lol.

It was a pleasure helping out today but I am tired as hell. She just dropped me off and I'm about to hit the sack. Goodnight folks for now.

1 comment:

  1. Its nice, not everyone has a chance to meet and be with someone of her thoughts..

    ReplyDelete