Wednesday 20 November 2013

friends in Australia

Currently in semester two of my course. In fact it just started last week. I'm already feeling the pressure of the new semester. Lots of assignments to do, home works, notes, tests and some unwanted pressure from idiots.
I have two close friends in uni. I used to have lots of friends back in my high school and college days but ironically this time round I only have two close friends. One is a Pakistani named Syed, unfortunately he postponed this sem as he has gone home and another is a Romanian born Italian woman, Anca.
The three of us were always together in sem 1 and currently only me and Anca in sem 2. The weird thing is we became close because of a bad habit of ours. Yes the three of us are smokers. And this is the reason why we became close. During the breaks in sem 1 I would usually exit the uni just to have some cigarettes. Fortunately I wasnt the only one, the other two also were in the same place as me.
We just gradually started talking to each other and slowly we became friends. We had our usual hang out times at the cafe nearby and we would talk about some interesting topics. Syed has been here since 2009 and this is the first time he is returning home. He is very good in accounting and scored the best in the whole faculty for accounting last sem.
Anca arrived in Melbourne around the same time as me. She initially was supposed to enroll earlier but due to some problems with the visa application she had to differ which is a blessing in disguise really. She is 32 years old. She had done a degree in language and she can speak in English, italian, Romanian, French and Japanese. She told me that she needed a new start in life and the job she had wasnt getting her anywhere. She packed her stuff and dragged her husband along with her to australia to pursue a second degree.
These two friends of mine really helped me through my toughest times here. I really am grateful for all their help. And me and Anca are slowly beginning to miss Syed. Only bad thing is we live so far away from each other. Only Syed and anca lives nearby but for them to get to me will take ages. I'm with anca right now smoking in the cafe as I write this out. Friends are always useful in our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment